Eco Friendly Samsung 7 Pela Case
Earth Bottles are stoked to be the first Australian stockists for Pela case!!
The Pela Case is made of Flaxstic®, which is comprised of compostable bioplastic elastomer and flax straw materials. Our material has been tested to be safe and free of phthalates, BPA, cadmium and lead and is verified to meet child safety standards in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Our base material meets U.S. (ASTM D6400-04) and E.U. (EN 13432) standards for composting in an industrial composting facility and has a lower carbon footprint and lower greenhouse gas emissions than traditional plastic. It can also be left to biodegrade in a home composting environment.
Our material is 35-40% biobased, which means it is made up of 35-40% biobased (renewable) content by weight. The ASTM Standard D6866 defines biobased as new carbon (carbon from renewable resources like plants). We add up to 10% flax shive to the base material to create Flaxstic®, which increases the overall biobased content by weight to 45%. The remaining 55% of our current Flaxstic® formulation is comprised of non renewable resources.
Our ultimate goal is to continue to work with the best bioplastic companies to advance the bioplastic and biopolymer science to get to 100% biobased (renewable) content. We are not there yet, but we will keep trying and we believe 45% biobased is better than none. #BelieveInBetter