How to be more Plastic Free
In July Earth Bottles took part in plastic free July and ran a morning tea to raise awareness on how to live more plastic free.
Since then I have been more interested in how I can 'do my little bit' to be more plastic free. So I am wanting to share some top tips that are sooooooo easy to change and become more plastic free
1. Shop local - shop at local farmers market and buy things in bulk as much as possible so there is less packaging.
2. Say NO to plastic bags - carry your own bag or use a boomerang bag if your local shop offers this fabulous alternative.
3. Cut out soft drinks, juice and other drinks in plastic containers - choose a sustainable, re-useable bottle and choose water (its better for you!)
4. Buy fresh bread or bread that comes in paper bags as opposed to plastic packaging
5. Give up chewing gum! YES chewing gum - I did not know this but chewing gum is made out of PLASTIC!! Yes thats right - when you are chewing on gum, your are essentially chewing on plastic -eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
6. Package your own or your childrens lunch in re-usable containers - we like to call it NUDE FOOD!
7. Say no to plastic rubbish/bin liners - try to compost, use recycling where possible and throw away your rubbish straight into the bin (you may need to clean your bin more often but worth the icky mess)
8.Clean with Enjo or vinegar and water - try not to buy nasty chemicals sold to you in PLASTIC containers.
9. Use a re-usable coffee cup - the coffee will taste better and mother nature will thankyou!
10. Avoid using straws - say no to straws where possible or go for a bamboo or reusable glass straw.
We are not perfect but adopting just a few of these top ten plastic free living tips will go along way to doing your little bit.
Earth Bottles - "helping you to do your little bit"