10 ways to be more eco conscious
At Earth Bottles we try to discourage one time use products and promote a sustainable product and lifestyle. Here are 10 easy ways to live a more eco conscious lifestyle –
- Ditch the plastic bags – it is not rocket science, we have all read mountains of info on how bad plastic bags are for the environment, so DITCH THEM!! It is such an easy change to make, just chuck a reusable bag/s in the car for shopping or carry a basket to the market. And if you are caught out and not that organised (trust me I am this person!) then carry your crap to the car and deal with it!
- Use a reusable coffee cups – something like 500 billion are produced every year… this is a problem we cannot afford to ignore. So want to make a change, this one is easy. Promise yourself that you are going to take a reusable cup and use it for take away coffee… and if you forget it, then stay in for coffee or don’t get one. Easy right?
- Try Bamboo – plastic toothbrushes are hideous for the environment. We need them? YES, but there is a choice. There are a few gorgeous companies who make bamboo toothbrushes, these are compostable and break back down into the earth. Do yourself a favour and try one – we like to use Got Wood!!
- STOP buying plastic water bottles: This makes no sense at all!! We pay so much money for bottled water that is not even good for us!! Just stop buying these hideous things and grab a reusable one, that you can fill up from a tap or filter for FREE!! Heaps of places I go will fill my earth bottle for nothing. I have saved a fortune using a reusable bottle, not to mention saving Mother Nature a few hundred plastic bottles as well.
- Ditch fast fashion – NOW I LOVE LOVE LOVE beautiful clothes!! But fast fashion is slowly ruining our environment. There are lots of little micro fibres floating around everywhere, in our oceans and on our land. Try to buy products made with natural fibres or buy clothes to last – repair them if they get damaged, hand them on when they are too large or small, reinvent them when you get sick of it! This one is one of the hardest eco conscious life style changes for me, but I need to give it a try and really practice what I preach.
- Use natural skin care – what can I say about this one?? If you can’t eat it, don’t put it on your face. EASY!
- Shop locally – use local produce and try to shop from local suppliers when possible. I know it is hard to do all the time especially with a BIG family but just make a start by doing this bit by bit. Visit your local famer’s market and go from there.
- Ditch plastic straws – they are silly one time use plastics we really don’t need!!
- Ditch plastic wrap – use a container instead or honey bee wraps are also a great alternative!! Plastic wrap is old school (not in a good way) – we don’t need it and you will find its really easy to get along with life just fine without it!
- Talk to your children about looking after the environment and teach them to be eco warriors by making little changes to their/our lifestyles. Knowledge is power, arm our future generations with the knowledge they need to make little changes and hopefully these will lead into BIG ones!